CW values for the NC

I've been reading an article on cars and their CW values and what it means for efficiency. The article is in German but I thought the figures given for the MX-5 may be interesting so here it goes.

Top down: 0.45 cw Soft top up: 0.39 cw Hard top up: 0.37 cw

At 150 KMPH The Hard top uses 0.3 litres of gas less than the soft top per 100 KM. With the top down 1.4 litre extra gas is used per 100 KM (also at 150 KMPH). This can of course also be translated to possible top speeds but the article does not do that - it only comments that no one drives top down at more than 150 KMPH (Sort of making me "no one" as I do - it's loud but otherwise fine).

&bid=0&m=&e=&i
&bid=0&m=&e=&i
&bid=0&m=&e=&iNo real surprise that the soft top is a little less smooth or that top down is even worse when it comes to smooth airflow. Here are some other figures (also from the article):

The ten most efficient

  1. BMW 5er 0,26
  2. Mercedes S-Klasse 0,26
  3. Lexus LS 460 0,26