Tasers

Remember awhile back we had a fairly lively discussion about the use / over use of tasers by police? Well, this month, Patrick Bedard discusses this issue in his Car and Driver editorial. He even discusses the Austin Texas video and the one (I believe in Colorado?) where the guy tries to get the cop to go back and show him the speed limit sign. Both of these IIRC were discussed here. The article is worth reading, this subject is coming to a head I think, I hope!

Personally I don't think that the tasers are the problem, as with most weapons, it's the operator who is deciding when to use the weapon who is the potential problem.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Interesting article. If he had referred to Officer O'Connor as a thug of the lowest sort who belongs in jail, then I would have to subscribe to the magazine, or at least make a donation.

True, but if you or I have a taser on us in public, we are going to get arrested for it. An Austin cop can torture a person and completely take away their safety and dignity and the result is that he gets put back out in public to continue his actions.

10 years in prison with the people that he helped send there, no early release. That is the absolute minimum sentence that I would have given O'Connor for his criminal actions that Thanksgiving day.

Now I just have to hope he doesn't pull me over, it would be difficult not to call him "Officer Taser", which of course would likely result in my getting tortured by him as well with his electric toy.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Hey Pat! You gonna turn out the lights? I don't think anybody is here any more ;-)

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

are you saying that there is something wrong with talking to oneself? but no worries, our fair weather friends are all bound to show up in the next few weeks.

Reply to
Christopher Muto

You mean the ones with HLA clatter, lack of power below 4000 rpm, a hard ride, flat-spotted tires, and mice nesting in their heaters? I can barely wait... :-)

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

I started to turn them off, but I heard a bunch of lurkers scurrying around like rats, so I left them on for them. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

We are having strange weather. A low of 42 yesterday, new record. Afternoons are just reaching 80, I wish that it would stay this way all year long.

Pat

Reply to
pws

We had frost this morning. I wish it would warm up and stay that way for more than two days.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Just a bit north of me (but south of Duluth) still has fresh snow on the lake ice. Hard to believe I've been riding my motorcycle for almost 2 months (between blizzards) and even rode from St Louis MO to Minneapolis MN a few weeks back.

miker

Reply to
miker

The last time that I saw what could be called sort of real snow was in

2004. I even made this massive snowman.

Warner disclaimer: Picture of Pat's ugly mug is contained in the photo, open at your own risk, you have been warned. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

And the ones with bad ignition switchs and CEL codes and....

Sorry for the quiet, Pat. I've been extemely ill since early Saturday with a recurring intestinal whatever that nobody quite knows what it is.

And it was down to 32F here this morning.

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

Good for you! Don't forget us 'top posters' are always here and ready to aggravate the pc newsgroupers ;-)

Interesting note; I got an email from a good friend the other day who has been a dis-believer of the whole global warming theory from the get-go (of course, being a oil industry expert, I figure he's one of the most propagandized folks on the planet). He sited some scientists research that the globe is seriously cooling, has been for quite some time AND, is in very serious jeopardy of incurring a very serious (read; fatal) ice age if the whole world doesn't figure this out and begin to rectify the problem!

I'm just throwing this out there, stirring the pot ;-) Enjoy your weather, whatever it is, it might get worse! How about that?!

Later, Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Man! Whoa! You sure are one handsome dude!

Say, who's that guy with the beard kneeling behind you?

yrs jp

Reply to
johnny p.