Exhaust manifold

I installed a very nice Racing Beat 4-1 header on my '03 SE and now some one wants to buy the stock manifold. I have no idea what to ask for it; any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
Clark Friedrichs

Selling for $85 at a used Miata parts place.

this helps, Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Reply to
Christopher Muto

Mazda put an awful cast iron exhaust manifold on the 1999 and 2000 models. I had one given to me and threw it in the scrap metal pile to be taken to the salvage yard.

The tubular manifold on the 2001 - 2005 model is basically a tuned header compared to that blocky manifold that Mazda put on the 1999 &

2000 models. I don't know how much power increase is achieved by swapping one in to a 1999 or 2000 model, but it may be worth doing for the improvement in looks alone. :-)

This 2001+ manifold got $230.00 with a new EGR tube and free shipping.

It was probably closer to $150.00 in the seller's pocket after Ebay fees, the cost of the new EGR tube, and shipping costs depending on how far it had to be sent.

To the OP, I would try for something like $110.00 to $130.00 if the buyer is local since you don't have to ship it. Otherwise, at least $150.00 plus shipping since you need to buy the box, package it up, make the trip the the UPS store, etc.

If the buyer balks, you can probably get $150.00 or even more for it on the Miata.net classifieds, or try Feebay and see what it gets.

Good luck!

Pat

Reply to
pws

Good to know! The original owner of my 99 installed a JR header and I always wondered why. Now maybe I have a better idea! Thanks Christopher / PWS.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo