Front License Tag Installation - Help!

I just moved to MD from MI and am now required to install a front license tag. The Mazda dealer sold me a bracket (for way too much money) that appears to require that I drill two holes in my front bumper. There has to be a better way. Please advise. Thanks.

Reply to
mboggi1

What year? The front bracket on a NA had no bumper holes.

Reply to
John McGaw

2001. I realize there are no pre-drilled holes.
Reply to
mboggi1

Is this sort of thing legal in the US? It used to be legal in the UK, and you can still get away with it on an older car:

Zog The Undeniable

There should have been two brackets in you kit. there are two holes for scress on the bottom of the upper lip of the bumber cover for the brackets to the attached.

see here

M. Cantera

Thanks, that is exactly what I was trying to figure out/looking for.

Reply to
mboggi1

If it looks ugly in the end, you've done it right! ;-)

Reply to
earache