FS: 2006 True Red MX-5 Miata Sport - East Tennessee USA

I realize that this isn't meant as a For Sale forum but, given that nobody seems to post anything at all here I don't see how it can hurt. Financial
realities have convinced me to sell off my lovely little Miata. After being a Miata owner since 1991 that is going to be difficult but needs must.
The car can be considered low-mileage at around 54K, has been serviced regularly and has _always_ been garaged. Continental tires are fairly new having been installed this spring and having undergone one cross-country drive and not much else. Sound system is the optional 6-CD changer. The only other options are the body-color splash guards and the cargo net bag in the trunk/boot. The car is newly detailed and is as pretty as anything you'll find.
Asking $14k. If you are seriously interested you will find me at:
sell snipped-for-privacy@johnmcgaw.com

Financial realities suck!
The Usenet Improvement Project:
On 9/22/2012 4:08 PM, XS11E wrote:

Tell me about it. I never did like reality...

Physical Reality sucks worse than financial reality. My arthritis has forced me to give up almost every thing I enjoyed doing and find something else to replace it. When I was no longer able to ride a motorcycle I got my Miata and have enjoyed it for years but now it has to go as I find the clutch is more than I can manage....
The Usenet Improvement Project:

Fortunately, I have found a cute little sporty convertible with an automatic transmission:
http://www.bentleymotors.com/models/continental_gt_convertible /
and here comes that financial reality...... <sigh>
The Usenet Improvement Project:
Now if I could get an auto loan at the interest rate the banks are paying.
Naturally, though, the annual state taxes on personal property would be eating me alive, not to mention insurance!
The Bentley web site has a 39 that looked interesting. Wonder why only one of the dual coils was connected? It also looks like the gear shift and the emergency brake are in an awkward location.
"and here comes that financial reality...... <sigh>"
On 9/22/2012 10:04 PM, XS11E wrote:

I know that most of us act offended when we hear of an automatic Miata but hey, nobody would / should do such a thing when there is a physical necessity involved AND, I have always heard good things about the Miata's automatic in comparison to the average slushbox. Have you test driven the automatics? 1st gen? 2nd gen? 3rd gen with the paddle shifter is supposed to be quite good however, was it you that had an issue with the cupholder location? IIRC, at least in the first and second gen cars, it even reduced the resale vale when a car had an automatic! You might actually BENEFIT from all of us manual tranny snobs! ;-)
Good luck! Chris 99BBB

That and other things, the car just did NOT fit me at all, much as I wanted to like it. The painful cup holder is now replaced with the hideous snout on the front. <sigh>

Possible but I'm really not looking, I can live w/o the Miata if I must. I've been driving it a fair amount lately and I seem to be doing fairly well with it so I haven't advertised it yet.....
The Usenet Improvement Project:
John, I hate to hear this! Reality should NOT suck this bad! I guess you have exhausted all possibilities? Sh_t! Maybe you can find an inexpensive 1st or 2nd gen that will keep you entertained w/o as much expense?!
Chris 99BBB