My new toy...

I'm afraid my 1990 is not going to get as much TLC as I'd originally planned.
Taking the race driving course at Laguna Seca has changed my priorities,
and so I've bought this:
A 1989 Van Diemen RF89 (with RF90 front suspension mod).
The car, a spare engine, other spares, body molds and suspension arm jigs... ...even an enclosed trailer to haul it all around.
This is going to be fun!
--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 13:15:58 -0700, Alan Baker wrote:

Ah, that's awesome.
Spec Miata is pretty popular around here...

Yeah... ...I know.
But at the price, I just couldn't resist.
:-)
--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 20:35:12 -0700, Alan Baker wrote:

Really either would be great. Low entry cost, sane power levels, pure driving. Do this for a year or two and you'll be on a different planet, driving-wise, compared to probably everyone you know.

The trouble is that "probably everyone [I] know" at that point will include the guys I've been racing against...
...and a lot of them have been racing for 20 years or more.
:-(
--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia