generic catalatic converter ok?

Anticipating a possible catalic converter change coming up (failing smog...see other posting), I looked into the cost of a replacement catalytic converter.

Schucks in Oregon lists a specific one for the 92 Miata for $150 and a generic universal one for $50.

Does anyone have experience with installing a 'universal' one on a miata? I was wondering if you got all the parts you needed and if any welding was required.?

thanks,

paul

Reply to
paul witort

I don't know from personal experience, but I suspect the universal converter requires cutting and welding and the specific one may be a bolt-in unit.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers