Help with Kraft Werks super charger

I own a 2003 Mazda Miata and I purchased and installed a Kraft Werks super charger system early in 2011. This particular version didn't come with a inter cooler and had the Super
Card Fuel Management system and also used stock injectors. The back of the compressor has a inlet reducer installed, and I'm wondering if I can remove it? With the reducer installed the rubber hose does not fit tight against the flange of the compressor, with it removed it does. It is strictly a cosmetic concern but also I'm concerned about the amount of air the compressor can now induct into the system. What are the pros and cons of removing the inlet reducer? Would it help to put a bigger pulley on the compressor (increase of a 88 MM to a 95 MM). The larger pulley would slow down the compressor.
----- Clark Friedrichs / snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
--
-----
Clark Friedrichs / snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net