after first work was done, I had some issues with the trans, it would not go into gear and it died sometimes, added trans fluid, and it did fine for a while longer, now trans fluid is down again but is not leaking on ground.
Is the trans fluid somehow burning off thru the exhaust?
I am lost and so is my mechanic. Please help
On 2015-06-19 23:18:02 -0400, Valerie

I'm no expert. Just some idle thoughts until an expert replies...
I was told that white smoke indicates water, but short of a cracked block you seem to have covered that. Also, water level would go down...
I have no idea what color trans fluid burns at. I also cannot imagine how trans fluid can get into the engine past the clutch. But if it's not dripping on the ground where is it going?
I would be tempted to take a very close look at the clutch see if there is some leakage along the shafts. Any issues with clutch operation at all?
Since you smoke after idling, I am thinking some kind of vacuum or pressure differential sucking fluid.
Hope this provides a starting point.