how not to treat your car

Shows you the poor control Arizona drivers have of their cars. We here in Florida probably get about 10 times the rain, but we do not get washed away like a matchbox.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Incorrect. We get large amounts of rain in a very short period, nothing like the normal rains of Florida.

I've seen Christopher Creek, normally around 6" deep running 17 feet deep. You cannot imagine the force generated by normally dry creek beds when they run deeper than a full sized car is long. We've had cars, trucks and lots of people washed away because of the suddenness of a dry wash turning into a 10-15' deep river. It's been described, by those who have lived through it, as a "wall of water" approaching and can strike with the suddenness of a tsunami.

Reply to
XS11E

It's also been described, by those who look upstream before crossing, as "natural selection at work."

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Sounds like a lot of fuss about a little rain to me.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

robably not the drive, rather the lack of "properly coloured" car, eh? :) peter

Reply to
peter

Maybe people in Arizona don't get why Floridians make a fuss about a little storm.

Having seen both, I'm not dissing either one.

miker

Reply to
miker

Lived in Florida for 8 years, seen hurricanes, etc. but they're mild compared to an Arizona rain as far as washing away cars, people, etc. We get enormous quantities of water in a very short time period, it has no time to sink into the ground so it runs off through every available channel and there's always someone silly enough to think he/she/it can drive across a running wash.

Reply to
XS11E