How to treat rust inside the doors?

I'm looking for any suggestions on how to treat the rust inside the doors. I have them pretty well stripped of all trim, glass and regulators. I've been using POR-15 Metal Ready on the outside but I would like to do a good job on the inside.

Thanks in advance, Tim

Reply to
Tim Ulrich

I sprayed the Osmote stuff from NAPA inside the door, and then painted over it with POR-15...

Dave Miller

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser

Back in 1987-89 POR-15 2 was all the rage. I painted as much of the inside of the doors I could with POR-15, then topcoated with primer, and when all was dry, spayed undercoatng inside all the doors. it served two purposes, one its prevents water from attacking the metaal, and two it quiets down road noise. The othe places that I sprayed undercoating was inside the door hinges, and othe outer part of the cowl where the fender meets the car body.

BG

Reply to
Bill Glass

Bill,

How did you spray inside the door and get good coverage?

Reply to
Tim Ulrich