I know this has been asked, but...

Has anyone experienced a battery drain even after disabling the radio (aftermarket)? My '91 has an issue with holding voltage. A new battery was installed this summer after some alt and bat testing. The alt tests good, but even the new bat won't hold voltage for more than two days. Am I looking at a crack in the insulation of my positive bat cable? That has bitten me on another vehicle in the past!

The grounds have been checked and cleaned per miata.net posts. All accessories with the exception of the ECU have been disabled. No lights are left on, etc. Ideas, inspiration>

Thanks

Reply to
USAROVER
  1. Check the "dark current". If you don't know how, have someone do it for you who knows how to use an ammeter. Info is probably on miata.net someplace.
  2. I don't understand the insulation crack. If that positive battery cable comes in contact with ground, the resulting effect will not be at all subtle.

One other thought. After six or so years the original Panasonic battery died in my '90. I bought another and, after a week, it died. A replacement battery worked for many, many years. Root cause of that one wasn't dark current; it was a bad battery.

Ken

Reply to
KWS