Indy 500?

Gotta agree with you there.

I saw the Indy 500 live one time, the year that Steve Tyler from Aerosmith butchered the National Anthem. That was pretty cool, (the race, not the singing), but even with good seats it became boring to me after a while. It's not something I want to do again.

I can't imagine watching anything but highlights of the race, (basically wrecks), on TV, but then, I haven't watched a Superbowl in over 20 years either, so to each their own....

Pat

Reply to
pws

I never miss a Superbowl, a friend hosts a big Superbowl party every year, lots of people some of whom I see only that once a year, lots of really GREAT food and a big screen TV so we don't miss any of the commercials. Sometimes we watch the game, too...

Reply to
XS11E

The main reason they go to champ cars is that they aren't good enough anymore to drive F-1. And when drivers like Montoya move to F-1 they don't last long.

In any case cross-pollination is difficult. Very few are able to successfully make the move either way. Clark, Hill, Fitipalldi, Andretti; only the very best can do it. They are few and far between.

For the gentleman who stated that Indy wasn't designed for drainage, guess where they hold the U.S. Grand Prix and it isn't Watkins Glen.

My post was trollish and I apologize for it.

Reply to
mike

I know where they hold the U. S. Grand Prix but that has nothing to do with the subject, does it?

Indy has very poor drainage and if you'd watched the race you'd have seen just how badly water puddles on the track, it's strictly a dry weather track and, as Sunday showed, very slippery when wet.

Reply to
XS11E

That's pretty much my view of the Superbowl.

I don't pay much attention to the game, but some of the commercial are great. The half-time shows are usually so bad that they're somewhat amusing.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

They should put the old Nurburgring back on the schedule. That would be something.

NOW you're talking! THAT would get me watching!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Nah, I want to see street racing but instead of closing the streets, do it at Sun City here. I can see the F1 cars mixing it up with the old ladies in golf carts driving the wrong way, crossing the street against the light, making U turns in the middle of an intersection....

Or move it to East Mesa with the snowbirds and their 45 foot motorhomes..... watch some old person try to make a U turn with one of those across the center divider, he blocked traffic in both directions until they could get the motorhome dragged off the divider...

BTW, you know every such race would be won by an old Toyota with a Domino's Pizza sign on the top, none of the F1 cars can match them for speed or driving ability, on the track, on the road, on the sidewalk, whatever it takes to not have to pay the $2 charge if the pizza isn't there in 10 minutes!

I like EXCITING racing, like watching Phoenix traffic, not the slow, boring, fatal accidents rarely happen racing such as NASCAR, Indy or F1.

Reply to
XS11E

Then the obvious answer is Figure 8 F1. Or, better yet, Figure 8 Indy.

Or still better yet, Figure 8 NASCAR.

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

Now you have it Larry ! It is fun to watch and to drive, but I stopped doing that before they started chaining 3 school buses together and runing them.

Location, location, location !!!! :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN