Mazda Rev It Up! in San Francisco this weekend.

I went to the Rev It Up event in Alameda today to check out some cars and the crowd.

Info on the event is at

The line to drive the RX-8 on the track was about 2 hours according to a friend of mine (I didn't have that much time). Line to drive the minivan was about 5 minutes. :-)

They were also showing the MX-5 Mazdaspeed model (one to look at and one to drive). As the owner of a black and tan '97 model? oh I want this. This car rocked. (I didn't wait to drive it but just sitting in one said BUY ME.)

The crowd was good and even just walking and looking at cars in the parking lot was fun. It was worth a trip to Alameda from the South Bay and easy access from San Francisco. The location is an old naval base that's long decommissioned and the SF skyline makes a great backdrop for the event.

It's a must-see event and I wish more manufacturers would follow suit.

-FPtM

Reply to
Fruit Pie the Magician