chrysler test drive tour report

Last weekend I went out to the Chrysler test drive event that's travelling across Canada. What a blast! I thought that it might turn out to be a big sales pitch but it was as advertised and not a salesman in sight!

I don't know if there's a similar event in the US. My teenage son and I had ton's of fun taking turns driving about half a dozen new vehicles on the 4 test tracks they set up at Downsview airport in Toronto. 300C, Magnum, Crossfire, PT's, Pacifica, Durango,about 5 jeep versions were all available to drive. The jeeps were on an off road track specially prepared. Too bad the viper srt 10, and the srt4 were only a passenger event with professional drivers (very fast). The road courses were set up for handling and I don't think I ever got out of 2nd but the vehicles were there to be played with - I felt like I was at go cart track. Generally it seemed like the drivers who came to this event were trying to leave as much rubber on the asphalt as possible. I asked and it seems they replace tires every city. They didn't seem to mind how many times we lined up for a lap - never had to wait more than 5 minutes. Highly recommend signing up on line when it comes to your city! Free refreshments as well. However, I do feel sorry for whoever buys these "demos" off the lot when the show is over.

Will Halina

Reply to
Will Halina

Sounds like fun -- wish you'd posted this a week ago; I could've caught it in Mississauga this past weekend!

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

"Will Halina" wrote in news:QJvBc.3271$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

Hopefully Chrysler will disclose what these cars were put through.

Reply to
Justin

We did get several reminders about it and fortunately, there's one close by so we are looking forward to driving the 300C in July.

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

Sorry Dan, I just realized on Sunday night that the Mississauga event was over. I had forgotten about this newsgroup and I figured I should post so that at least some Westerner's might be able to catch it. Actually, I figured someone would have posted comments before me! I had forgotten one of my basic mantras - never assume anything.

Will

Reply to
Will Halina