NOT OT- San Francisco Bay Area info needed

I posted the below to the SDC Forum and got some good info, but I thought I'd expand the data base a little and ask you guys for additional input. Next May-June the Potomac Chapter, SDC is taking another long trip (like our

6,000-mile Route 66 trip in '03, but further north). We plan to leave Chambersburg, PA on 5/20 on the old Lincoln Highway and end up in the San Francisco Bay Area on 6/6. In that we used to live in EastBay (Castro Valley), my wife and I are wagonmasters for California. I was always fond of Jack London Square in Oakland and had planned to stay there for the five days/four nights we will be in the SF area. Recently I was told that the Jack London area has become pretty seedy and we might not want to stay there. So, my question is- is anyone familiar enough with Jack London Square to advise us re staying there? If not there, where? Thanks, Paul Johnson
Reply to
Paul Johnson

midlant

My wife and I go to SF on occasion to spend some time in Fisherman's Wharf/ Pier 39/ Cable cars/ Alcatraz, etc. When we go, we stay at the Fisherman's Wharf Marriott. Covered parking, inside access, walking distance to all of our destinations. Great fun. Priced higher than some, but not the Four Seasons. Easy to justify the slightly higher expense for just a night or two. Good luck.

Reply to
Sals54

I had to do a second take... Realized that there was more than the one obvious example..

JT

(I might be old, but I ain't daid yet..)

Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire