Mazdaspeed MX5

Article in the April 2004 issue of Car Driver on the Mazdaspeed Miata - unfortunately not yet on-line though.

Highs: Good power, nimble handling, charming character, fantastic bargain. Lows: Limited cockpit space (Duh, it's a 2-seater!), tire roar on poor surfaces (17-inch Toro Proxes R28 on the model they tested) The Verdict: The best reason ever for buying one.

And a 2-page ad on pages 2 and 3 entitled "Who Knew the Miata Had An Evil Twin?"

Iva Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

That's exciting! I checked it out pretty thoroughly on Mazdas web site. My biggest disappointment (aside from not being able to justify purchasing one) was no pictures of the grey colored car. Red cars just don't do it for me!

At $25,500 with Grand Touring option (including leather) adding $750 it seems quite a bargain next to the LE at base price of $25,300 IIRC. Lots of performance stuff.

Just as an aside the RX8 starts at about that same price...... not the hypo

6 speed but still quite a car.

Anyone ordered one of these Mazdaspeed turbos yet?

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

My April Road & Track arrived today with the same "Evil Twin" two-page ad and a nice article, also not on-line yet, though a pop-up for entering the "Mazda Ultimate Zoom-Zoom Giveaway" to win a MazdaSpeed Miata did appear. One of the few times I've been tempted to click on a pop-up ad. Nice to see Mazda advertising the Miata again.

Reply to
Ken Lyons