MD/Tape Input on Radio

Can I somehow use the MD/Tape input on the Radio/CD Changer that came standard with my '03 SE as an input for an MP3/WMA player instead? If so, is there an input jack behind the head unit that I can easily access for such purposes?

Alan

Reply to
AlanRab

A definite maybe. If this company ever actually gets moving on its new product or makes another batch of its old one you could.

John McGaw

There is at least one, maybe more, aftermarket iPod integration companies that use the MD/Tape input for the iPod interface. I can't remember the name (scour the miata.net forums for info) since I put a MD player in and needed that input! The iPod interface I opted for uses the CD changer input... There's not a true input jack (no 1/8" stereo or RCA jacks), it's a multi-pin slot. There are wiring diagrams floating around on the net is you searcha bit. Of course, if you can wait until the

2007 model you'll be able to get iPod integration from the factory (most mazda models - announced today by Apple)...

-alex-

Reply to
Alex Postpischil

Thanks for the idea, Alex. I think I'll dump my '03 SE for an '07 so I can get a factory-integrated MP3-player connection! Just need help in convincing my wife! (Seriously, I'll do some scanning on miata.net, thank you!)

Alan

Reply to
AlanRab