Miata NA and NB Top Frames

I have a '95 Miata, purchased a couple years ago with what was reportedly a complete top from a 2000. I now need to replace the top and want to make sure I order the right thing. Anyone tell me a sure method of determining if I have an NB top frame?

Thanks.

JV

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
JV

"JV" wrote again

Hmmm.....below was graciously posted by Pat > I have a '95 Miata, purchased a couple years ago with what was reportedly

Very easy to determine. A 1999 - 2005 top frame uses springs to automatically fold the glass window down. If your top has been retrofitted to the original 1995 frame, it will require a slight push on the upper part of the window to get it started down unless the springs were also swapped, which is unlikely.

There will also be visible straps connecting the frame to the rain rail bolts in two places so that the window will pull up if the conversion has been done.

Pat

Reply to
Ken Lyons

I proudly reside in a number of killfile filters, maybe JV has me in one. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws