Mx5 Miata=$37,028 Yeeehaaaa! USA will always be cheap Vs. Asia/Europe!

Reply to
RepoRealEstateInvestor

I think you have to compare the cost of the car to an average salary for a valid example, but thanks for trying ;-)

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

In Singapore, the '06 Miata is currently S$109,988=US$69,101. That kind of money will fetch you a Miata + a Lotus Elise in the US, with enough change to spare for supercharger upgrades on both cars.

And we're just glad that it's the cheapest it has ever been around here. The highest it ever got was almost double the current price.

Count your blessings.

Regards, Patrick '95 Triple Black

Reply to
<nobody

While you still can.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I hear you. I remind myself everyday that for the price of a Murcielago in Asia, one could buy an designer villa in Sicily, with a Quattroporte, Murcielago-Roadster and a well-kept 355 Spyder and rountrip first-class tickets to Italy twice a year to enjoy the cars. However, you forget that in order to offset the ridiculous costs we in Asia pay, manufacturers often throw in many (sometimes all) of the options you would pay in the UK/US. For example, A/C, multi-CD, all electric win/seats. If agents didnt include these in Hong Kong, they wouldn't even bother to be in the game.

The irony is that you can - with validity - laugh at the fact that we pay

911 Carrera 4S money for a Boxster, not to mention we don't have autocrosses or the roads to use this power; but we also wonder how anyone could buy a car without a/c or automatic transmission (if not sports cars). I still recall my aunt in the UK who happily explained she paid for electric windows in her 320i, but as I found out for myself, even this was limited to the front 2 seats.....

AM '93 V-Spec Miata '05 Roadster-Coupe (Brabus) '06 BMW M5

I have been to 65 countries.

estate/etc. is cheaper in 3rd worldcountries. Cars/Electronics/HighTechs are 50% to 150% more inAsia/Europe & Central America!12cents for a bus ride in China and $3-4 in London/Finland! Ohhh whatdifference!

NO BRAG, JUST FACT (FINANCIAL TIMES) of the 45 countries that are "economic powers".... we rank 6th from the bottom in Total Tax Burden! The other 5 cheaper than us are Oil Countries where "taxes are not necessary".......for now.....

Price: £19,995= $37,028 YeeeeHaaaaa (UK-London).... The Motherland! Capacity: 1999cc Power: 158bhp 0-62mph: 7.9 seconds Maximum speed:

130mph
Reply to
AM