Nubie question

Hi, I just bought my first Miata. The owners manual on my 2003 LS says there is a low fuel light warning. Is this true or a misprint? I've run my tank pretty low and never seen a warning light come on. Not sure if its broken or just not there. Thanks P

Reply to
Paul D'Agostino

Actually, the Miata has still quite a lot of fuel left when the gauge reads low. The light might be OK.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Which would mean adding about 11.7 gallon, assuming the tank is still the same from 1994.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Just for reference, the most I have ever added to my 91 is just over 10 gallons and this was with the needle well below the "E". With over a gallon left (11.9 gallon capacity) I've never really missed a "low fuel" warning light.

Gus (91 BRG)

Reply to
Gus

Yeah, this must be a Mazda specialty.

Reply to
Ricardo

Do not know about 2003 but 2002 states one of the reasons the engine warning light may, repeat, may come on is low fuel. I ran out of gas trying to see if light would come on.

Reply to
Zeno