Oil pressure

Hi,

After having changed my oil (Castrol Lightech 10W-40 - samme as I always use) and oil-filter, the oil pressure act very different from what I'm used to. I've always had a very good feeling about the pressure, eg. how long it takes to get stabil in idle, how high it is at different rpm's. Now it takes much longer time for the pressure to get stabil in idle (just below 2 kg/cm2). I've always used the pressure as an indicator to when the engine is fully warmed up, and now it seems to take at least twice as long. When I first drove it after the oil-change, the water temp was extremely slow to get to the normal position, but now is rises normally. Still, I have a feeling, that the engine takes longer to get warm (using the pressure as indicator).

Can anyone explain what has happend? Should I just ignore it? The car is a Miata 1,6L from 1990.

Regards, Thomas, Denmark.

Reply to
BorreBoy

Sounds like your thermostat is sticking open. Cheap and easy to replace.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers