Replacing Vent Window

I"ll take the advise of leaving the doors unlocked or hell........why put up the roof! My M got broken into and they decided this time to break the vent window. I have purchased a replacement from an auto wrecker and was wondering if anyone has replaced this window themselves......and if so.....tips and tricks would be most helpful!

Reply to
Blonde Swede

Oddly, even my factory workshop manual doesn't have directions for doing this. I also don't see anything in the garage section at

either.

Looking at the diagram in the workshop manual however, it appears that you have to take the entire door apart, remove the side window and then disconnect the "division channel" to remove and replace the vent window.

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

I only had a minute to look in one of the door shells, but it appears that this channel is welded in place. I did not see any bolts like with the main window channel.

I am wondering if the small, fixed window is replaced in the same manner as the windshield by removing and replacing the rubber seal. Any other way is a very big job to just replace a piece of glass.

I'll take a closer look at it tomorrow and see if anything is obvious with it already apart.

Pat

Reply to
pws