Road Trip to four corners!

Hello all. I'm planning a road trip for late May - early June to the south-southeast of me. It'll be a two-Miata excursion with me in my '97 and my brother-in-law in a soon to be determined Miata. We're looking at the Four Corners area including Dinosaur national monument, a drive on Rte 666 (491 for the superstitious), Moab, monument valley, grand canyon etcetera, etcetera.

Any suggestions for places to go and see, roads to drive, restaurants to try or avoid?

I'll try to remember to post a trip report when I get back.

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve Whisman

Lanny Chambers

Thank you very much. This will fuel a lot of "discussions"

Reply to
Steve Whisman

Route 128 Cisco to Moab. Very nice road.

Reply to
Nora

I'll vouch for that! But watch out for cyclists, rafters, and deer.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Rafters?!?!? I hope I don't have to dodge the ones on the river! Or they me!

On a serious note, we see many rafters along the roads in the cascade mountains because so many of the roads run alongside rivers. I appreciate the warning though since I'll be gawking a lot.

Reply to
Steve Whisman

One thing: if you happen to go through Blanding, Utah, be very careful about your speed if you're not Mormon. All of Utah, for that matter, loves to give tickets to non-Mormons in sports cars, and cops will lie about your speed.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Reply to
Billy Greer

Agreed. Non-Mormon, in Utah 23 years. I think that the real issue is that any small town in any state needs the money. Billy- if'n you'll check the TeamZoom site, you'll see that we're doing Miatas in Moab again in 2005. Loren- Utah Miata Club member

Reply to
the invisible man

Non-mormon people from Utah has no humor whatsoever.

Of course, we knew that already...

Reply to
Per K. Nielsen

A morconcubine then?

Maybe, but it would not be a very much appreciated thing to do in Florida. With all the tourists and so. And Georgia took effective steps against it.

I do not know whether I would attend, with any small town in Utah according to you, who has been there 23 years, "needing the money".

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Not appreciated here, either, but a fact of life.

You might check it out. Last year we had over 100 cars, 200 drivers.

BTW, I've learned a lot about my Miata (I graduated from an MG Midget) from your postings- thanks! Loren

Reply to
the invisible man

Awright, I believe you...

Now what are people from Utah called anyway? Utahnians?

Reply to
Per K. Nielsen

Those in small cities with radar detectors call themselves Mormoneyans.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

We have towns here in Washington that use speeders as a source of revenue too. Long stretches of open road and then 30 MPH limits and radar. I appreciate the reminder to be aware.

Steve '97 Black with leather package.

Reply to
Steve Whisman