San Marcos TX roads

Made a quick trip to San Marcos, TX to deliver my daughter to college and I caught glimpses of seriously curvy roads and I know that there are awesome roads there. I'll be doing more research but, as part of that research, I'm wondering if we have some people with first hand (or second hand) knowlege of which roads I need to meet!

Help me! Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I just got back from a trip to Guadalupe River State Park which is off Hwy.

46 about 7 miles west of Hwy. 281. Nothing much to report there. I'm pretty sure if you venture further west toward Bandera and Garner State Park that you will hit some good curvy roads like along route 470. That may take you a couple of hours off the beaten path.

miatadrives.com has some suggested roads in and around the area too.

Not to change the subject Chris, but SWT is a well known party school

Reply to
D. Rogers

Hope this is not a duplicate post. Apologize in advance if it is.

I just got back from a trip to Guadalupe River State Park which is off Hwy.

46 about 7 miles west of Hwy. 281. Nothing much to report there. I'm pretty sure if you venture further west toward Bandera and Garner State Park that you will hit some good curvy roads like along route 470. That may take you a couple of hours off the beaten path.

miatadrives.com has some suggested roads in and around the area too.

Not to change the subject Chris, but SWT is a well known party school

Reply to
D. Rogers

I was going to say don't remind me...........then you reminded me.......... oh well.

Ya, I'm aware of the reputation and that it may be well earned however, it also has a very good reputation for being one of the best schools for learning the teaching profesion. We'll see.

Roads, roads, roads come on now.

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Chris -

Mark San Marcos as Point-A

Draw a line about 75-100 miles due West and mark Point-B

Do the same Southward, mark Point-C

Now an equidistant line Eastward, mark Point-D

All you have remaining is to pick a road in the box and drive it!

(If you want something a little more precise, find Medina, TX on the map, grap FM-337 until you hit Camp Wood, hook a right on SH-59 onto FM-335, ride it until you hit SH-41, go straight until you turn right again onto FM-1340, when you hit Stonehenge-II you'll catch SH-39 through Hunt, Ingram and Kerrville. Stop, refuel and catch I-10 back to where ever you choose...)

Cheers!

- L

'97 STO, "Chouki"

// Change TEJAS to TX to reply via eMail //

Reply to
L Bader

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl.

Your precise route is already one of my favorites!

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Chris -

I've taken that route twice in the past month. Coming up from San Antonio, I stop for fuel in Bandera and once more in Kerrville. (I normally tend to feed both car and self in Kerrville...)

I'm heading toward the Devil's Backbone in Winberly later this month with the Blue Bonnet Miata Club. -- Info can be found at: