Seqins + Leather = Bad

Now don't go thinking nasty things about sequins and leather. Although this did end up nasty for my steering wheel.

I swear it's the cutest skirt. It's black with all these white swirling paisleys all over it. A bunch of the paisleys have lovely little silver sequins sewn onto them. So far so good. The bad part is that ,while getting in and out of my precious (say it like they did in Lord of the Rings) Miata, the sequins scratched YES, SCRATCHED the leather on the bottom of the steering wheel.

So now whenever it slides across my fingers it feels like sandpaper. And whenever the bottom of the steering wheel is at the top, it makes me sad. There a all this little tiny tabs of the leather sticking up - they're TINY but they bug the hell out of me. Any suggestions? Can they be smoothed out? My first thought was "Where is my emory board??" but I controlled myself. -Carol

Reply to
Carol

Carol, can you post pictures please?

Oh, the steering wheel AND the skirt! I think we'll go from there ;-)

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Chris, you're a dirty old man... :-)

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

You could try to find a shoe repair person. I once asked one about my scuffed steering wheel and he thought he could improve it, but he wanted to keep the steering wheel in his shop for a few weeks and I was loath to drive my car that long without one.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Chris I'm pretty sure that I specifically said not to think nasty things. Down boy, DOWN! :) Leon thank you for the suggestion. I didn't think of someone who actually repairs leather for a living! But I'm with you - I'm not at all sure how to drive without one. I know how to drive with my knees, but I need a steering wheel even for that. Not to mention that I don't like the idea of having my steering wheel removed. AT ALL. I do know a good cobbler in town and I'll give him a call. Thanks!! -Carol

Reply to
Carol

Reply to
M. Cantera