Help needed, spark plug gap for 2003 e150 4.6L v-8

If anybody has the correct spark plug gap for this model please let me know. It got to running rough today and a guy at the dealership told me it is most likely the plugs. Just want to be sure I gap them right. Thanks in advance for your time! Paul

Reply to
pjpin

Look at the emissions label under the hood.

Reply to
maxwedge

i would say its most unlikely the plugs. they are just sitting there with no moving parts. what can go wrong with the plugs?

Reply to
boxing

You mean besides the worn electrodes changing the timing and spark quality? Or the failure of the porcelain insulation causing the spark to fire inside the plug instead of at the gap? Or the build up of deposits on the plugs causing miss fire? Or maybe the upper porcelain failure causing arcing outside the cylinder? Or even the internal resistance changing so that the plug will not fire under compression? Just a few items that can "go wrong with the plugs"

Reply to
Steve W.

Google works great. From our friends at the Motocraft website. Be sure to clean the plugs too. And if they look realy fouled up I would use this as an opportunity to replace them all.

Select Part Number Part Description Qty Per Vehicle Buyers Guide SPARK PLUG GAP .054 97-03 SPARK PLUG GAP .054 97-04

Reply to
John S.