spark plugs not firing

Greetings one and all... I've been having a lot of fun with my newly acquired 99 Miata, but this evening, when I tried to start it, it ran really rough. I pulled spark plug #1, and found that it wasn't getting any spark. Same with plug #4, which is also on the left "bank" of the "distributor". The right "bank" with plugs #2, and #3, are firing ok. I switched the wires, so I know it must be in the left "distributor" bank (for lack of a better term). Have any of you had this problem, and can you offer me any advice? Thanks for your help!...jim

Reply to
Jim Untch

Your coil pack has failed.

Reply to
Larry Gadbois

"distributor".

Reply to
Jim Untch

..Has any one else.... ?

YES, I saw that on a '99 just last week ! It looks like we have seen more on '99's than other years. (but that does not mean that it is a '99 problem. )

Your check of that the problem was, is the proper one.

Bruce RED '91

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN