Speaker adapter plates in the UK?

So far, the UK-ising of the Eunos Roadster I bought recently is going OK. It had had all the basic mods done that are required to get the car registered here, but the 'nice' bits like a working stereo weren't present.

Today I took out the Japanese - and unfortunately broken - CD/tape/tuner combination and replaced it with a single DIN tape/tuner that I had flying about here and a cubby box (so this old man can put his glasses somewhere...)

So far, so good, but it turned out that the door speakers on the car were shot to pieces. Looks like my aim was a bit off when I tried to measure the size of the speakers in the door so I returned home with a pair of 13cm speakers. The hole in the door is 14cm in diameter. Oops.

A quick google suggests that adapter plates to fit 13cm (aka 5 1/4") speakers into the doors are available in the US, but I didn't manage to find a UK source for them. Can anyone point me in the right direction, please? The headrest speakers on their own do sound a bit thin...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Try

- is
what you'relooking for?

MX5Parts on the whole are excellent - good variety of stuff and very fast delivery. And no, I'm not affiliated, but I've ordered various bits and pieces from them and have always been pleased with the goods and the service.

Cheers

Eric

Reply to
Eric Baber

This company has them:

Regards, Morien

Reply to
Morien Morgan

Morien Morgan was seen penning the following ode to ... whatever:

Unfortunately they are the later model ones (it says there 93 onwards AFAIR) and they're a different shape.

Looks like the matter is resolved anyway, a few mates of mine are offering to make me a pair.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Says March 90 - 2001 on the website. Is this an error? Morien

Reply to
Morien Morgan

You're right that the main page list them as 90- onwards, however clicking on the actual picture of the adapter shows them as 'Mar 96 onwards'. If they're showing a picture of the actual adapter, these are the wrong shape...

Reply to
mrtg