SSR Competition wheel color question

A friend of mine bought SSR Competition wheels for his Miata a few years ago. They have what appears to be spokes in a gunmetal (kind of metallic grayish with a tiny hint of bluish) color, and a chrome machined lip. My friend says that when he bought them, he did not remember having to specify a color. I guess this was the only color available at the time.

At TireRack.com, they show 2 styles of SSR Competition wheels:

Anthracite with machined lip Silver with machined lip

I would like to know if Anthracite = the gunmetal color my friend has? I want the gunmetal color, but I don't know if that is Anthracite or not. I have always known Anthracite to be a charcoalish color.

Thank you. Roger

Reply to
Roger Carlson

Why not call Tire Rack and ask?

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Or maybe a "coalish" color? ;)

Reply to
Grant Edwards

The anthracite are not as dark as a charcoal grey, they are probably closer to the color you describe.

TireRack's site has some pretty good pictures of the anthracite on a silver Miata. It gives you a pretty good idea of the color relative to something you might already be familiar with.

Reply to
Craig Wagner