Steering Conversion

Anyone have experience at converting from manual steering to power steering? Mine is a 1994 very basic Miata in great condition. Manual steering wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for my arthritis. Thanks. Ron

Reply to
ron

"ron" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

Read up on Miata.net, I think there's something there about it going the other way, power to manual for racing. Since the racers are replacing power with manual, you might be able to find the parts you need somewhere and work a swap?

Reply to
XS11E

Ron, you're in luck because there's a decent percentage of M1 owners who'd love to convert to the manual rack. If you can locate one of them, you can work out a no cost trade. You'll incur shipping costs but, not a big deal. Local guy of course would be even better. You could post here with a subject line something like: "WTT Power Steering Rack for Manual Rack". Also on miata.net you can post a classified ad.

Good luck, Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo