Am I the first to ask ....?

'06 MX5/GT, On the Visors, what is that funky cutout in the mirror doors for ??? Doesn't hold the keyless entry card, as I thought it might.

If you don't know, I'll accept all "creative uses", in good humor...

Peace/Out.

Reply to
Remove This

My registration and insurance cards fit neatly up there.

Reply to
Doug Wilson

Doug,

I am not sure where you live, but "we" are told by the police, "do not leave your registeraion where a person can find it in your car !" If your car is parked some place, in a lot or at an event, a person can break in and get your address. They know you are not home, so your home is a perfect target. I have had this happen to a friend of mine. When he reported the car break in, the police sent a car directly to his house only to be too late to catch the person that broke in. I have my insurance card and registration are in a safe place. Just tell the police where it is and you or they can go get it.

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

I got in the habit of keeping the registration in the vehicle when I was married.

That way, even if the Missus had my vehicle, the registration was with it...

Now that I'm single again, I guess that's a habit that needs breaking.

Thanks, Bruce.

Reply to
Doug Wilson

"Doug Wilson" wrote in news:otftg.45777$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews5.bellsouth.net:

It's a bad habit but... it's required by law in many states so check the law in your state:

Oh, and save that link, if you're ever cited for any violation you need to check the specific statute listed on the ticket, you'd be surprised how often the cite is in error!

Reply to
XS11E

XS11E wrote in news:Xns97FEB669852A5xs11eyahoocom@70.168.83.30:

Just for reference, here's the applicable Arizona law, notice paragraph "C":

28-2158. Registration card

A. The department shall file each application for registration. If satisfied that the application is genuine and regular, the department shall issue a registration card to the owner of the vehicle and shall assign license plates to the vehicle.

B. The registration card shall contain on the face of the card all of the following:

  1. The date it is issued.

  1. The registration number assigned to the owner and the vehicle.

  2. The name and address of the owner.

  1. A description of the registered vehicle, including the serial number.

  2. The amount of fees paid for registration of the vehicle.

C. The registration card shall be carried at all times in the driver's compartment of the vehicle for which it is issued. The registration card is subject to inspection by the director, members of the highway patrol or any peace officer.

(It's not specifically stated but some folks carry the registration in their wallet when riding a motorcycle since there's really no other place to put it and that will be legal for a car as well since you are in the driver's compartment. But your wife will get locked up if she gets stopped and the registration is in your wallet and you're not in the car....)

Reply to
XS11E

Yep, that's about the same as it is in Washington. The police just said not to have it where someone will find it easy. The Miata has some very good places to "store" the Registration and Insurance cards with out putting them in plain sight. In the "old days" '30's, '40's and '50's, the law was to have them in sight from the outside. The common place was a "gizzmo" that held it on the steering wheel shaft cover. When the cars started to get automatics, that cover got too large and then had turn signal arms in the way. The next "good idea" :-) was to have a little container that was slid onto the sun visor. I would guess that Mazda was trying to use that idea on the 2006. Don't do it !! Put it away some place where the crooks won't see it.

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

"Perfect" in the "if my Doberman wasn't there, and my NRA-chapter-pres roommate with his Humvee and AK47 wasn't there, and the neighbors weren't out on their porch watching" sense, I suppose. Just because one vehicle is at an event, it doesn't tell them much.

miker

Reply to
miker

not a problem. insurance card, and vehicle registration come back to a P.O. Box for me......

Reply to
betrtimes

"betrtimes" wrote in news:99e47$44b6f061$a228a25d$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET:

Absolutely illegal here and probably in many other states.

Reply to
XS11E

Same here in "KING COUNTY" Washington. We have TAX items by where you live,so you must show an address. I'm sure other places don't have that problem :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (BRUCE HASKIN) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3333.bay.webtv.net:

Gotta have an address, otherwise how could the cops find you?

Reply to
XS11E

I saw the sheriff in the bank, and introduced myself. congratulating him on his re-election (by a 15 vote margin)

he says, yeah, I see you going in and out of the post office all the time (across from sheriffs office)

he commented on my game and fish license plate..... he knows where to find me if he needs me

drivers license has street address on it, and insurance company knows where car is. but to mail me the insurance cards, yearly tax assessment, and license plate renewal........ it takes the P.O. Box address.....

Reply to
betrtimes

If it were only that!!! What it is, is to make sure that if you live inside Seattle, you pay the tax on your Lic. tag, to pay off a "Bond" that is to pay for a project that fell-thru, but we still get charged for. :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LE

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN