Rear window material

I want to replace the soft rear window in my 97 M. I have a shop and tools to do it myself, but what is it? Clear Polycarbonate? Thickness is .040 inches (1 mm). Anyone have a reasonable price source for this material? TIA

Baby Grand

Reply to
Baby Grand

I had my clear vinyl replaced by an upholster and it cost me $30 labour and materials. I felt I got a good deal. Of course I had to remove it from the car! But that isn't very difficult - a dozen or so plastic plugs pop off, a dozen or so nuts to remove the metal piece that holds everything in place (actually three metal pieces) and then drill out about 15 rivets. My only regret, and it's not a biggie, is I wish I could of put in a new drip tray or whatever it's called - mine was not in the best shape - but still good enough to do the job. Next time....:)

Mike

Reply to
Mike