Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Well...

I'm back from Edmonton and my father's funeral, and I'd like to thank all of you for your support.

While I didn't reply, I did read your messages, and it helped to know that there were lots of people out there who cared enough to say it.

Shortly I will be back to my cantankerous self, but I do thank you all.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Baker

You - cantankerous? :-0

Reply to
Tim Adams

I too want to wish you well with your loss. It was moving to me to read all the messages you got. Those of us who post here often tend to think there's only a couple people here but tons of folks responded to your message. It wasn't just the volume but the sincerity that got to me. Sometimes you get glimpses of humanity still alive out here!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Cantankerous.....nah. Argumentive.......yah. ;>

My grief experience from losing my dad is best described by waves. At first they are deep and regular but eventually the waves become smaller and more intermittent. Routinely talking to my mom about it helped both of us heal.

Best wishes to you, Alan.

-Greg

Reply to
dene

Whoa! You must be sumbuddy in the ski community going by all the support you got here.

I am sorry for your loss Alan

Reply to
Stuart

Thanks, Doug. I really appreciate it.

Not only did we give Dad a first class sendoff, but in all the craziness and family tension, Chris and I found a few hours to play a round of golf in memory of Dad at his private club. He'd talked about how much he was looking forward to doing it with Chris and I a couple of years ago before he got sick and so quite out of the blue Chris and I reached the same idea that we'd like to do it while we were there.

And the fine folk at Royal Mayfair Golf Club in Edmonton deserve a world of thanks. A couple of members Dad new arranged it, we played with the head pro (on his birthday, no less) and his brother and they wouldn't even let us buy them a beer to say thanks.

In the midst of a very tense time, it was a wonderfully *normal* afternoon afternoon and very welcome.

Reply to
Alan Baker

Alan: My sincere sympathies. Having lost each of my parents in Vancouver, and living near Edmonton, you are very fortunate to have support people out here to have helped with the "send off". I can assure you it is even more difficult when there are few if any to offer such support.

Stuart H. Spruce Grove, AB '91 Eunos Roadster

Reply to
Stuart H.