Thanks for all the help!

I wanted to say a big thank you to all those that gave information and advice over the past year in the hunt for a replacement for my beloved (but totaled) 87' 744T.

My search came to fruition this week when I located and bought a

1995 944 with only 51,000 miles on it. It lacks a few options I had gotten used to but, I couldn't pass up a car in this good of condition!

One last thing. Is there an issue with the power steering pump in Volvos from this time period? It works fine and isn't low on fluid but, I don't ever remember being able to hear the pump so much.

Reply to
Don B.

Are you sure your'e hearing the pump, not just a loose belt squealing? If it is the pump, it's an easy swap out.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Is there an issue with the power steering pump in

Thanks Stuart Definitely not the belt. I'm pretty familiar with that sound. It's the sound you normally get from the increase in pump pressure when you turn the wheel if the car is not moving. I'm getting the sound even if I'm driving at low speeds around the neighborhood.

Glad it's an easy fix if something is going bad.

Reply to
Don B.