Top down wind in your face is the only way to drive

There is nothing like the top down sun in your face wind in your hair feeling of driving a Miata. I was in a little bit of a down mood yesterday so I jumped in my Miata, popped the top down, started the engine and took off for a drive. It wasn't more than a couple of quick pulls to the redline and a hard foot on the brakes into a sharp right hander before I was feeling fine again. It just doesn't get any better than that!

Gus (91 BRG)

Reply to
Gus

Ditto!

Enjoy, Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

your hair

mood yesterday

engine and took

to the redline

I was feeling

Sure, rub it in. Some of us are just waiting for the first 50F day of the year. Or even the first 30F day!

Heck, today's the warmest it's been in weeks - it's made it up to

42F. Tomorrow, it's supposed to be back down to 18F. And there's still nearly a foot of snow in the yard.

Belle still has her snowshoes and hardtop on. ;(

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

Gus:

If God had meant for us to have a steel roof over our heads he wouldn't have given us the sky.*

Davoud ('92 White, 37k )

*At least I *assume* that there's still a sky up there someplace. Haven't seen it from the Annapolis, Md., area for some weeks.
Reply to
Davoud

Have you started your motorcycle lately... ;) Dale P.... In the Sierra/Nevada Mountains

Reply to
Dale Peterson

We are top downing it in Texas from time to time already....

-- Jerry Randolph '90B Red Houston, TX

Reply to
Jerry

Sorry if I was rubbing it in. I just couldn't help myself. I will admit that it is nice living here in southern California. Although, one of my favorite times to drive is in the evening when it does get kind of cold. I just put the heat on full, roll up the windows and away I go nice and warm with at stars overhead.

Gus (91 BRG)

Reply to
Gus

Grrrrrrr!!!!! I got to take mine out ONCE in January (top down). It was a dry road, and...... 22 degrees.

Tom

Reply to
altar

and in the south west of France - twice last week.

Reply to
Harry et MaXin5

Darn. It is sunny but *32* degrees here in North Florida. I will be driving to AutoX top up. Maximum will only be 55. Maybe I will put on the windstop going back and drop the top.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Sounds good, how does one defrost ones head after a ride in the Northeast?

Reply to
Jim Mc Donald

That's ok. But consider what you're missing out on.... How bout the sweet whirrrr of the snow tires underfoot... or the exhilaration of sliding sideways on ice across three lanes of traffic.... or the crusty white salt color your paint takes on..... Or the warm feel of the heater vents pointed directly at your frozen fingers.... How bout the antisipation of not knowing if your battery will crank in negative temp... Shall I go on? It makes Springtime seem like heaven. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr Jim Jim's Miata Web Page

Reply to
Jim

Oh I suppose I shouldn't mention the top-down romp between green fields sprinkled with mustard weed I went on today?

Never mind...

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

Just stop it. My driveway has been covered by one inch of solid ice, overlaid by several inches of snow, for over two weeks. The Miata, with its summer tires, is hiding in the garage.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

You are indeed cruel. Other than that, what happens when you hit a speed bump, er... Armadillo, in a Miata? Is it major crash time or???

Tom

Reply to
altar

Hehe - I'm just going to hop in here and point out that its almost been too hot to drive top down around here (Sydney, Australia) lately. Almost. :)

Of course, when winter rolls around there will be about a month or so when open air driving is just silly.

I love my MX-5! :D

Reply to
Andre Queree (Mr Q)

Well, if it makes you feel any better Lanny, my topless romp between the fields was sullied by the fact that I had a light jacket on. So don't feel too bad.

However, today, in a polo shirt and no jacket... OK, I'll just stop.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

I slow down for speed bumps. We don't have armadillos in Northern California that I've ever seen.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

Ooops! Thought you were in Texas. I don't feel so bad now anyway. It was a dry, beautiful, day here at 33 degrees, so the wife drove Crystal Blue today for the first time! I have spent several hours trying to get the grin off her face.

Tom

Reply to
altar

Do you get snow in the winter there?