top zipper broken

Recently had the rear window replaced (have moved to different state and can't go back to installer) The zipper was difficult to zip up but with care it wasn't a big deal. That is until I got caught in a frog strangler the other night. Will trying to zip the back window in the zipper slide, the whatcamacallit that slides and zips it up. Anyone know where to get another one? TIA

Reply to
MimosaCustomPens

Does anyone understand what he is saying?

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Leon, as a Dutchman living in Canada, my translation is that while trying to zip up fast in a heavy Alabama rain, he lost the slider off his already iffy zipper. I suspect he was still water-logged when he asked the question. I would think that if his zipper is prone to coming apart, the whole thing wants to be replaced... not just the slider.

Pete Breemhaar Georgetown, Ontario

94 BRG/tan

Reply to
Pete Breemhaar

If you are looking to replace the slider (that's the whatchamacallit) go to ZRK Enterprises and order the Miata repair kit.

You can read all about it on Miata net at:

Saved me the price of a new top. Takes about 5 min, and works like a champ.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Doernhoefer

I got the Mazda slider from the dealer and reused the staple. Worked fine too.

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Unfortunately, I've forgotten most of my high-school French.

Reply to
Frank Berger