04 Wrangler Soft Top ?

I have an 04 Wrangler with a black soft top I want to order tinted windows for. Probably the "Best Top" ones. I want to make sure their material matches the OEM but I am not sure what color to chose. Is the "Black Denim" they offer the same as the factory material.

Also who sells these the cheapest?

Thanks,

Reply to
Intergate

Just about any Bestop dealer should be able to tell you which fabric color and type to order to match your top's fabric.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Dude - I'd suggest you call Best Top & direct your questions to them. I have a 03 TJ with black soft top & I ordered a set of the 3 tinted "Black Denim" through some 3rd party on ebay. They are "Best Top" but the material does not match the stock material on the Jeep, what do I know? this is my first Jeep. Also the driver side zipper was not right. I was in a hurry to get them on because I was heading out on a trip the next day so instead of returning the things I reworked the one zipper & got it to fit but I'm not happy with the results because up close you can tell that the material is not the same & the back window fits sloppy where it attaches to the bar at the bottom. They seam to be noisier than the stock ones also. So at 190.00 with shipping I don't think I got such a deal. When will I learn?

L8r - Jersey

Reply to
Jersey

It doesn't match perfectly, but it is close.

Reply to
Jason

Does any one know if you can buy the ones from jeep that you can order with a new vehicle? "

Reply to
Intergate

What I think you're looking for is a set of tinted windows that are made out of "sailcloth" material -- not "denim". The material was changed starting with the 2003 model year. At least I think it was 2003...

I'd check with one of the dealers that sells Bestop products and let them know what you have. Many of the web sites who sell their products seem to be out of date and not list anything newer than 2002. You'll probably have to call one of them or Bestop directly.

To answer the question about purchasing from a Jeep dealer, go here:

Enter your year, model and color information. Then, click on "exterior accessories". then, "tops", and finally "tops, soft top replacement parts".

I'd suspect that you'd need part number "82208096 - Dark Tinted Replacement Windows, Black 3-Ply Premium, includes three windows (right and left quarter, and rear) - use to upgrade factory soft top or 82207728".

I'd assume that 82207728 is the part number of the original, non-tinted ones that you already have.

Be warned, Mopar's list price is $250. :(

If you can get an answer from either Bestop or one of their dealers regarding the availability of black sailcloth tinted replacement windows, you'd probably find a price that's under $190 -- since that's about what the "denim" ones seem to go for...

-John

Reply to
John Sevey