Water under the driver seat... HEEELP

Howdy all, I got a little problem... I recently discovered that their was a lot of water under the driver seat.. and I can't seem to se were the water is coming from. anyone know what the problem is??

Reply to
Jørgen

their was a

were the water

It could be a couple of things. First, I'd check the drains at the ends of the rain rails. They ahve a tendency to fill up with leaves and other gunk. The drains are located just behind the seat belt towers. Stick your hand back there and feel around. Then stick a long wire down through until it comes out the bottom of the car. Caution! Do not have your face in the way! Otherwise you'll be wearing that nasty stuff on your face.

The other place I'd check is the rocker panel drains. Look just under the side of the car and see where the "jacking points" are. There should be a drain next to each of those points. They often get clogged up. Try sticking a paper clip up into each drain to make sure it's clear. You should also check to make sure the lip of the metal edge is not bent over blocking the drain.

Also check the drains at the bottom of each door to make sure those aren't clogged either.

Good luck!

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva