What would you pay?

I recently came across a 1993 mariner blue 5 speed Miata for sale. It has a hard top that is in decent condition, but has a few problems:

  1. It has been in a minor accident (a sideswipe that has left a medium size dent on the driver door)

  1. It needs a paint job (it has plently of scratches)

  2. The center console and glove box are broken

  1. There is a small dent on the hood near the headlights

  2. There is alot of wear on the interior.

The car has 158,971 miles on it and it drives/runs halfway decent. The clutch and suspension need some work, but thats about it. With this description, how much would you pay for it? I've already checked at Edmunds and KBB, but I would like to know what you guys would personally pay for it. Call me crazy, but I would take pride in fixing it up. The mileage makes me smile too... :)

Reply to
NoteHead

$1000.

Reply to
Mike

no more than $1000.

Reply to
Lisa

I wish I could get away with paying a grand for it, but I have a feeling she wont go for that. I'd be surprised if she accepted 1500. I guess only time will tell.

Reply to
NoteHead

Print out all the bluebook reports (nada.com, edmunds.com and kbb.com) then deduct from that for each necessary repair. There are so many on the market that you shouldn't get your heart set on anything.

-John

Reply to
Generic

However, if the hard top is in good condition, you should be able to get in the general order of $800 for it, offsetting some of the cost. Check the listings on miata.net for current asking prices.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen