Which clutch

Hi,

I got a clutch today, (A stocker), but I was offered a ceramic one as well for the rebuilding of my 95 jr/sc'd car. I figured a ceramic one would be too aggressive for daily driving. Do you Agree? tia, peter

Reply to
peter

For a standard Miata, driven in anything other than a very aggresive manner, a standard clutch is fine. If you have a supercharger, turbo or NOx, then you are better off with something stronger. The standard Miata clutch is a weak point in highly modified cars. I guess if your SC is mild & you don't dump the clutch regularly you will probably be OK. If you regularly drag of Mustangs at the lights, yor clutch might not last all that long.

Reply to
Mal Osborne

My clutch lasted 100 kmi with the JRSC. But I do not sidestep the clutch at

6000 rpm. :)

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

yea, the car had 113k with the stocker clutch. i have also been told the stock drive train wouldnt hold up either with a sc. i think the stocker will do fine, regardless of a stray mustang or two :)

thanks, peter

Reply to
peter