Who wants a 2004 Miata Speed?

Did any of the M2's come with a tilt steering wheel? I thought it was introduced with the NC.

If you will note, this "Miata Speed" has special features like interval wipers, a clock, a trip odometer, power brakes, and best of all, this convertible has a convertible top. The seats are even front bucket seats, as opposed to those rear ones.

This is so typical of this dealership. Their Mazda service department was not a place that I would even consider leaving my miata, and their salespeople were as slimy as they could be when I was first shopping for a miata.

To give them some credit, this "Miata Speed" salesman is the one I dealt with while playing with the NC PRHT, and he is one of the best ones that I have ever interacted with. There was no, "what can I do to get you to drive this car out of here today?" from him. It has also been 7 years since I have dealt with their service dept., they may have hired qualified mechanics since then.

Pat

Reply to
pws

And a panic button. What's a panic button?!

Eric

Reply to
Eric Baber

Reply to
M. Cantera

Probably a panic button on the alarm remote.

Reply to
Scott Streeter

What, no HUGE TAK on this one?

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

Well wait now ! I will go along with the "no tilt", but is this a "Mazdaspeed" ie Turbo ? Or is it a Mazda Speed equiped Mazda ? There is a big differance in the two cars. ???????

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

They should hire "Wing + HUGE TAK" guy to advertise for them. The Mazda South location is also selling a "Miata Speed" in gray, though with far fewer details, hence far fewer errors in the advertisement.

They really need one miata nut proof-reading their ads before they post them, someone who at least knows what a HUGE TAK is.

Pat

Reply to
pws

pws wrote in news:4615aa9b$0$5781 $ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

Shortly before the Mazdaspeeds hit the market, I was at the local dealership looking at the Miatas they had there. I asked the salesman about the Mazdaspeed Miatas and he _corrected_ me, "they're called MiataSpeeds". I left him with his ignorance.

-Scott

Reply to
Scott Hughes

I asked the salesman

Scott, you did the right thing!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

The right rear does seem to have a label long enough to read MAZDASPEED to me.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Its a Mazdaspeed - 04 red, red rear view mirror cover, Racing hart

17" wheels, fr>Well wait now ! I will go along with the "no tilt", but is this a
Reply to
M. Cantera

I have a 2004 Miata Mazdaspeed and was wondering why they don't have cruise control.

I bougth my car used with 7,500 miles on it in 2005. I now have 21k on it.

Put 8k on it last summer when I tool a 5 week vacation.

Reply to
Beemer

Apparently Mazda thought it too dangerous with a turbo. A sudden drop in RPM (such as going up a hill) could trigger the turbo and might cause the driver to be surprised and/or lose control.

Jon Weinberg

| email: jon at JonWeinberg daht com | web:

Jon Weinberg

It's amazing what they "know". When I bought my first miata, after much research, I found the '96M that I wanted. The salesperson was really pushing a '97 STO on me for about the same price, he kept mentioning it being a year newer. It also had 4 times as many miles on it.

Anyway, I told him no, that I wanted the "M" because it came with features like the torsen rear end. He assured me that the '97 STO had all of the same features, his proof was that they both had the same wheels.

He still got a sale out of me, I had found what I wanted and was exhausted from about a full month of almost daily test-drives. Driving the cars was ok, dealing with the salespeople was not.

Pat

Reply to
pws

A friend's Audi with the 1.8 liter turbo has cruise control and has no problems.

Also, as far as I know, adding aftermarket forced induction to a miata does not require removal of the cruise control system if it has one, and many of these systems are adding much more power then the increase from the Mazdaspeed.

My own turbo does not have cruise control, but I don't think it ever did. If cruise control does have to be disabled for FI, please let me know, I had assumed that adding it to my car was an option.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Pat, the only reason cruise control would "have" to be disabled because of FI is just like Jon said: the lawyers.

I've owned several turbocharged cars with cruise control, including an Eagle Talon Tsi AWD with quite a bit more power than the Mazdaspeed.

Reply to
tooloud

I am almost certain that the 300ZX twin turbo that I drove had cruise as well, and it definitely had a much higher power to weight ratio than the Mazdaspeed Miata.

If lawyers are the reason, then are any vehicles available with a turbo and cruise control? Our court system in the US is a joke, but it is still hard to believe that it has come to a point of needing to choose between a turbo or cruise control based on possible litigation.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Actually, if someone has an accident in a cruise control Mazdaspeed, even if the driver is obviously to blame, a point can be made that Mazda has tested this combination insufficiently. Obviously the Mazdaspeed production numbers are not enough to warrant such testing. And cruise controls do make "decisions" not directly dictated by the driver, so *if* a jury of nonexperts believe that the cruise control should be partially blamed, Mazda is on the hook.

Welcome to the good ol' USA, Pat! :) I hope you will enjoy your stay in sunny Texas!

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen