YES! FINALLY!!!

The violation is impeding the flow of traffic. You can be in violation of this offence even if you are going above the speed limit.

Reply to
tnom

in CA (southern CA, anway) there aren't many admonitions about staying to the right - and any that do exist are pretty much ignored.

but given that the vast majority of speeding tickets issued by the CHP are given to motorists driving in the far left lane (and anything over

100 is now ticketed as reckless driving - which can'be contested in court they way speeding tickets can be if you know the loopholes in CA code), i personally make it a point to move to the right as much as possible. i've done 80+ in the middle lane (of five) and gotten a verbal warning (via bullhorn) to slow down whereas if i'd been the far left lane, i'd have gotten a ticket.

say what you will about the french, but they are civilized when it comes to road and freeway traffic. i drove from paris to avignon and everyone stayed to the right and moved left only to pass. too bad they also put americans to shame with their use of roundabouts/traffic circles.

-------- "any words spelled incorrectly are probably typing errors"

Reply to
barry

Not only that, but it evens out wear on the traffic lanes. Down in the desert southwest, the right lane in rural areas can get really pounded in the summer months when the asphalt is soft, especially if everyone camps out over there. I will move to the left lane to get out of the washboard under those conditions, but I don't go to sleep over there. If a speck appears 5 miles back in my rear-view and is closing, I'll move back over.

Or not. Frequently in such a low-traffic scenario, the approaching car will move over WAY back and politely pass on the right. It doesn't scale to high-traffic scenarios (to quote Brent) but in such low traffic areas two drivers can work out whatever they want by clearly showing intent. Happens all the time.

Reply to
Steve

Uhm... why wouldn't you already be driving legally in the first place?

Reply to
Calab
  • E Meyer wrote in rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata:

Been here almost 10 years and never seen one.

Reply to
SINNER

I'll grant you they don't pepper the side of the road with them, but keep looking, they are there. The stretch of interstate I drive most frequently, I-45 from Dallas south to Navarro county has them every time the speed limit changes and generally at each county line.

Reply to
E Meyer

Just as all non-Islamics are just a little tired of Islamics invading or aiding other Islamics to invade our countries in an attempt to force us into changing our way of life....

Reply to
XS11E

XS, He played the victim card. Don't you know nothing trumps that? All logical arguments are null and void now. Don't confuse the issue with facts. Squat

Reply to
Squat

It promotes sloppy lane discipline though, and gets us right back to where we are today. The individual toodling along in the left lane eventually forgets to keep checking his rearview, and before you know it there's a line of traffic behind him. If there's a half mile between the guy I just passed and the next one, I'll pull back in just to be on the safe side.

Reply to
Craig Wagner

i submit that the fact that this is merely a reflection of the fundamental american perspective which is very individualistic. this can be a strength or a weakness depending on the circumstances.

-------- "any words spelled incorrectly are probably typing errors"

Reply to
barry

I don't remember Iraq invading the USA but perhaps the Iraquis do no want to control US oil? Pity there is no oil in Zimbabwe or other places in Africa where genocide and starvation is rife.

Reply to
Invisible Man

You've forgotten a lot of other things, as well?

Why did I know that sooner or later you'd be repeating the oil lie?

Learn some history and some facts before posting, OK?

Meanwhile, we're off topic and you're apparently to ill-informed to continue so I'll drop it.

Reply to
XS11E

You've forgotten a lot of other things, as well?

Why did I know that sooner or later you'd be repeating the oil myth?

Learn some history and some facts before posting, OK?

Meanwhile, we're off topic and you're apparently to ill-informed to continue so I'll drop it.

Reply to
XS11E

You've forgotten a lot of other things, as well?

Why did I know that sooner or later you'd be repeating the oil myth?

Learn some history and some facts before posting, OK?

Meanwhile, we're off topic and you're apparently too ill-informed to continue the discussion so I'll drop it.

Reply to
XS11E

You've forgotten a lot of other things, as well?

Why did I know that sooner or later you'd be repeating the oil myth?

Learn some history and some facts before posting, OK?

Meanwhile, we're off topic and you're apparently too ill-informed to continue the discussion so I'll drop it.

Reply to
XS11E

Sorry about the repeats, for some reason Motzarella decided not to send any replies, than followed up with the multiples. ??????

Reply to
XS11E

Just look at the date and time of your articles. Motzarella sent them just as they arrived, you client seems to have been confused somehow. I know that OE behaves like this at times (can't handle the limit of 4 connections). Could you tell me what client you are using?

F'up set to poster.

Reply to
Ray Banana

My mistake...I meant others invadinf Islamic countries...as you well knew.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Reply to
OzOne

"you bring it right on down to the speed limit----"

Around here, that's a good way to get pulled over, with the cops thinking you might be running drugs or illegals. Never run exactly the speed limit. After all, in this state, except in construction and a few other zones, only a state cop can write a ticket for less than ten over. And they will not, unless you are doing something else to gain attention. Other cops can be obnoxious, and stop you, hoping to find something to complain about. Usually they will not, since it's not worth the time and effort to chase you down for a minor infraction.

We have two local small towns that overlap the local interstate in a rural area. They make tons of money by sitting just inside the town limits on the interstate shoulders, and catching the unwary. It's really dumb, because the city cops use the older radar systems that are always set to highway (high power) mode, and don't have the instant on features that the state uses. Just watch the trucks. If they slow down to 65-70, you can bet that there is a radar trap just ahead.

Reply to
Chuck