'92 b2600i loses spark when driving down the road

I'll be driving along just fine and it's like someone pulled the coil wire. At friends and auto parts stores suggestions I've replaced the distributor cap and rotor, coil, and ignition module one at a time. No change. It's unpredictable when it happens. It may be ok for a week or only a day. Sometimes it wit restart soon, sometimes not for hours. All I can think of now are the distributor and ignition (key) switch. Has this happened to you?

Reply to
randy replogle

Randy,

Probably intermittent wiring fault. Try a wire/connector wiggle test while idling. Pull apart the connectors related to the ignition and look for corrosion. Bon Chance! Sparky

Reply to
Steve Parker

Saw some info on the net about leaking capacitors in the "computer" that eat away connections on the circuit board in that model truck. A friend at work cleaned and checked out the board and found a couple of suspicious spots. He replaced two capacitors and repaired at least one "bad" spot. I've driven around 200 miles now with no problems. :)

Reply to
randy replogle

I would look very closely at the ignition switch.

Reply to
Jeff Hall