How to remove door panel

I'm trying to remove my passenger side back door on Mazda Protege 1999. I followed the instructions at

got stuck trying to remove the door handle cover.Do I just pry it off or does it slide off? I tried both but I fear I may bedestroying my door handle. There's a small opening underneath the doorhandle cover but I couldn't pry it open. Am I going about the wrong way?Please advise.

Thanks,

Reply to
Stephen