Tribute Door Fasteners Cost !!!

I had to replace my driver's door handle assembly yesterday. To get at it, the tech had to replace the fasteners that attach the trim. There were 6 fasteners (simple nylon pieces that simply the operation). The total cost was $54.48 (plus tax) for 6 little pieces of nylon!!!! $9.08 each! I have the bill that the garage received from the Mazda dealership (where the parts were ordered from). The garage was charged $7.72 each; then there is the garage's mark-up. I can't find on the internet any other listing for this. Do any of you have any facts about this? P.S. The door handle assembly was only slightly more: $66.63 (plus tax).

Previously, I had added to this group about the whine I get sometimes, while driving. It stops when I touch the brake pedal. The same garage says he has another Tribute customer with the same problem. The garage did a complete brake job, but the whine persists! So it's not brakes. As to weather, as one other person commented, I can't answer that except I would think others would have commented on it.

Frustrated in Vancouver, BC

Reply to
Alan Andrew

The door fasteners part number is 9XG0-86-21X0. The zeros may be ohs:

9XGO-86-21XO.
Reply to
Alan Andrew

Depending on what the whine sounds like, it could be the brake booster leaking air. My Volvo does the same thing intermittently.

p.

Reply to
Paul_B