1998 Legacy door lock cylinder removal?

I need some advice on how to remove and replace the driver's side door lock cylinder on my 1998 Legacy L. The key doesn't turn in the lock anymore.
I did take the door trim off. I cannot figure out how to get the outer handle assembly off. There are two bolts. One is under window hardware. I'm confused because my service manual makes it sound like the outer handle will come out without removing the window.
Any advice?
Thanks,
Peter

I suggest you take it to a locksmith. Often it is a combination of a lot of wear on the key (and you probably have copies of a worn key) and a bit of wear in the lock. A pro can sort it out without all the blind alleys us amateurs would go up.
Mike