190E 2.3-16 :: sticking accelerator

Hi everyone,

I have the above car with a slight problem: The accelerator keeps sticking down and reving the engine like mad. It seems to mostly happen when moving off after idling for a while (or moving off when the engine is hot). It

*always* happens in traffic jams -- the stop-start motion seems to set it off.

I've cleaned and oiled the linkage but it's not made much difference.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks, R

Reply to
Richard J Whitaker