E320 Headlight problem

First time user - Hi I changed the bulb in my headlight - very difficult to get access without dismantling air intake etc. Despite ensuring rear part was properly sealed when finished, I'm getting enormous amounts of condensation. It is about 2cm deep after a couple of weeks and returns after I dry it out (using small pieces of paper towel on a wire) - takes about half an hour. Any ideas what is causing this and/or a cure? Thank you R&BW Jack Lavety ABERDEEN end ============================

Reply to
Jack Lavety

Had a similar problem with an 11 year old car. In my car there was about 1/4" of water water that was sloshing around and popping my bulb after I replaced them. My analysis is that the was a small hairline crack that allowed moisture in but did not let it get out. I ended up drilling 2 very small holes at the bottom of the plastic lens. This has worked since by last replacement bulb has lsted over 1 month.

Bob

Reply to
bobb