MPG tips

When it comes to gas mileage, what is the ideal speed for highway driving in a Mercedes? Also, what are some good tips to improve mileage? (In addition to the usual things like no hard acceleration, etc). Thanks!

Reply to
Ben

Mercedes? Also, what are some good tips to improve

Depends on the car, engine, gearing. Make sure tires are properly inflated and all filters in good shape.

cp

Reply to
cp

Keep your car/boot (trunk) clear of unnecessary loads. Apparently every 100 kg add a litre per hundred km.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Ben schrieb:

95km/h in highest gear (Driving km/h gives much more mileage;-) Takes 9 liters/ 100 km nearly independent of engine but on open windows and roofs.
Reply to
Roland Franzius

Forget all the other tips, I'm just going to put a surfboard on the roof!

Reply to
Ben

How far is the beach?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

After much research and careful thought, I have come up with a brilliant formula that converts mpg to km and km to mpg... ok, so it's not so brilliant, but it woiks:

235/x = y

WHERE: - if x = MPG THEN y = L/100KM

- if x = L/100KM THEN y = MPG

As consumption is an estimate, this is very adequate. :-)

cp

Reply to
cp